The CellTec IceBerg™ cold plate is an innovative solution designed to replace ice blocks or chiller sprays traditionally used to cool tissue blocks prior to sectioning.
- Advanced cooling gel enables the cold plate to retain colder temperatures for a longer period of time.
- Cold plate pre-cooled to -20°C for 3 to 5 hours, allows user to chill blocks up to 4 hours at room temperature.
- Moulded, insulated base.
- Removable, rugged aluminium cold plate.
- Up to 36 blocks can be cooled at once which is essential in busy laboratories.
- Base collects any condensate formed so the bench and floor stay dry.
- Convenient size, the cold plate can sit alongside the microtome.
- Removes the need for messy ice trays.
- No electrical components or compressors: results in low running costs and silent operation.