The Vacuette® Safety butterfly needle is a sterile, single-use blood collection set. It is safety engineered with a mechanism that reduces the rate of needlestick injuries by up to 60%, compared to a non-safety device.
Excellent for customers who want to make a first transition from a non-safety butterfly needle to one with safety and a good alternative to the more expensive sets if you still want to use a good safety product.
The safety mechanism is activated outside of the vein and is non-automatic. Which means that the needle first has to be pulled out of the patient’s vein. Subsequently the phlebotomist shoves a plastic safety mechanism (the so-called “hub”) over the needle in an irreversible way. There are three ways for doing this, which gives great flexibility to the user.
- Helps to minimize the risk of a needlestick injury.
- ISO colour-coded wings which indicate the needle size.
- Transparent design for optimal visualisation of blood flow.
- Flexible wings for a good grip on the patient’s skin and a convenient puncture.
- Thin-walled needle: advantageous for the blood flow.
- Simple safety mechanism allows three different options for activation outside of the vein.
- Once the safety mechanism has been activated, the needle is securely and irreversibly locked in the plastic safety housing.
- A safety engineered device according to the recommendations of the ‘’Interpretation Guidance for the Council Directive 2010/32/EU’’ for the prevention of sharp injuries.