The Vacuette® Safety butterfly needle is a sterile, single-use winged blood collection set. It is safety engineered with a mechanism which reduces the rate of needlestick injuries by up to 60%, compared to a non-safety device.
It is an excellent product for customers who want to make a first transition from a non-safety to a safety product and a good alternative to the more expensive sets if you still want to provide a good safety product.
- Helps to minimize the risk of a needlestick injury.
- Colour-coded wings which indicate the needle size.
- Transparent design for optimal visualisation of blood flow.
- Flexible wings for a good grip on the patient’s skin and a convenient puncture.
- Thin-walled needle: advantageous for the blood flow.
- Simple safety mechanism allows three different options for activation outside of the vein.
- Once the safety mechanism has been activated, the needle is securely and irreversibly locked in the plastic safety housing.
- A safety engineered device according to the recommendations of the ‘’Interpretation Guidance for the Council Directive 2010/32/EU’’ for the prevention of sharp injuries.