The Premium Safety butterfly needle can be distinguished from the regular butterfly needles by its ergonomically built-in safety mechanism which is visible through the “plastic cover” situated on the extension between the wings and the tube. It is also different from the “normal” safety butterfly needle because of the radical difference in safety mechanism.
The Premium needle is activated inside the patient’s vein.
By gently squeezing the boss between the thumb and the index finger and by pulling the needle back, it is shoved in the cover and irreversibly locked. This excludes needlestick injuries immediately after blood collection!
- Helps to minimize the risk of a needlestick injury.
- Greater safety: due to the activation inside the vein no extra action is required, this avoids needlestick injuries.
- Ergonomic system: the needle disappears IN the cover during activation, the hub doesn’t shove over the needle (activates when the needle is inside the vein) and provides more comfort for the patient.
- Less actions than with a non-premium safety mechanism.
- Flexible tube, provides greater freedom of movement during blood collection.
- ISO colour-coded wings which indicate the needle size.
- Transparent design for optimal visualisation of blood flow.
- Flexible wings for a good grip on the patient’s skin and a convenient puncture.
- Thin-walled needle: advantageous for the blood flow.
- Once the safety mechanism has been activated, the needle is securely and irreversibly locked in the plastic safety housing.
- A safety engineered device according to the recommendations of the ‘’Interpretation Guidance for the Council Directive 2010/32/EU’’ for the prevention of sharp injuries.