The CellTec Block Trimmer+ efficiently removes excess paraffin from the outside of a tissue cassette following embedding. The edges and writing surface of the tissue cassette are de-waxed effortlessly by passing the paraffin block across the patterned heated work surface. Melted paraffin wax is collected in a disposable collection pot.
The CellTec Block Trimmer+ allows users to easily prepare tissue blocks with no risk of damage to the printed text or barcode on the tissue cassette. The Block Trimmer+ incorporates an ultra-fast heating system for rapid warm up, and is combined with an extra-large heated work surface which allows multiple blocks to be passed across the work surface at one time, for improved workflow in the laboratory.
- Revised design hotplate: trimmed paraffin is quickly wicked away.
- ExacTrim Locator: removes wax from writing surface and can also be used as a fine detail trimmer.
- Large heated work surface.
- Ultra-fast heating system.
- Variable digital temperature control.
- Memory function for desired temperature at start-up.
- Suitable for both left and right handed users.
- Improved safety for lab staff.
- Waste paraffin collection system.
- Miniature circuit breakers for safety.